Qi Dragon® Qigong General Study Program
Qi Dragon® Qigong Programs offers different types and levels of Qigong training that fit students’ different levels of commitment, interest, health needs and career development.
- Qi Dragon Qigong General Study Program: This program is open to the general public and includes the general study of various introductory but fundamental Qigong/Taichi exercise routines from the multiple lineages Qi Dragon teaches as well as some Chinese national standard Qigong sets. Each course is stand-alone and can be taken separately. There is usually no prerequisite.
- Qi Dragon Qigong Formal Study Program: This program entails the full formal instructional courses of Heavenly Essence Qigong system Level 1-4 and its advanced teachings beyong levels. It is the progressive and complete study of this particular system from its beginning level, intermediate levels to its advanced levels. Each course is the prerequisite for the following course.
- Qi Dragon Qigong Certificate Program: This two-year program is the intensive version of the Level 1&2 Qigong Formal Study Program. It is the most comprehensive and in-depth Qigong training we offer and you may directly start with this program after one weekend prerequisite course from the Formal Study Program if you wish to have more training and group practice. This program alone does not certify a student to teach. The Certificate Program is the prerequisite training for Qi Dragon Certified Qigong Instructor Program and Certified Te Yi Medical Qigong Practitioner Program.
- Qi Dragon Certified Qigong Instructor Program: This program gives the specific training on how to teach and certifies one to teach our Level 1 Part I, Part II and Part III Formal Study Program.
- Qi Dragon Te Yi Medical Qigong Practitioner Program: This program completes the advanced training of Te Yi Medical Qigong in the Heavenly Essence Qigong system.All our programs are subject to change without notice. Please follow our website for the most updated information.
Qi Dragon® Qigong General Study Program
Qi Dragon® Qigong General Study Program teaches the basics of Qigong and some common Qigong Taichi exercises to the general public without focuing on one specific Qigong lineage or systematic study. Most of our Qigong Taichi General Study workshops offer CEUs (in Cateogry 1) to L.Ac.s and RNs and there is usually no prerequisite for this program. Please verify CEU info with each workshop description.
All classes or workshops organized and facilitated by institutions other than Qi Dragon itself are generally under our Qigong General Study Program unless indicated otherwise.
Qi Dragon Qigong General Study Program includes teachings on:
Qigong/Taichi Warmup Routines
True Qi Circulation Method
Jiu Jie Gong (Medical Qigong for Neck and Shoulder)
Qin Quan exercises for Health
Introductory Workhop on Taiyi Swimming Dragon Taichi
Ba Duan Jin (Eight Brocade)
Wu Qin Xi (Five Animals Play)
Liu Zi Jue (Six Healing Sounds)
Yi Jin Jing (Changing the Tendon)
Heavenly Essence Qigong Three Main Dynamic Qigong
Swimming Dragon Walking Gong (Tai Yi Xing Bu Gong)
Swimming Dragon Sword
Swimming Dragon Taichi
Qi Dragon Qigong General Study Program may also include the following teachings on Qigong/Taichi/TCM basic theories:
A brief history of Qigong
Basic Qigong breathing methods
Qigong Golden Keys 1.2
Five Key Points in Qigong
Three Regulations in Qigong
Jing Qi Shen Theory Basics
Yin Yang Theory Basics
Five Element Theory
Qigong General Study Program Events
Qigong General Study Events:
Monday Night Qigong
Tuesday Night Taichi
Qigong One-Day Workshop
Qigong Intensive Day or Weekend
Qin Quan Qigong for Health Workshops (check our teaching schedule for dates)
Qin Quan Camp (check our teaching schedule for dates)
12 Week Swimming Dragon Taichi Workshop Series
Swimming Dragon Walking Qigong Workshop
Tassajara Annnual Qigong Retreat
Tassajara Annual Swimming Dragon Taichi Retreat
Qigong Courses at ACTCM
Qigong Courses at SFSU
Qigong/Taichi One-day Workshop at Green Gulch Farm
Qigong/Taichi workshop at San Francisco Zen Center
Qigong and Taichi Exercises may have the risks of pain, injury or discomfort. As a participant, you are responsible for consulting your physician regarding your medical concerns and evaluation of your suitability before signing up for any of Qi Dragon’s classes and workshops. By participating in any of Qi Dragon’s classes and workshops, you have read this disclaimer and you consent to and authorize the use and reproduction of all photographs and audiovisual related to the workshops for the purpose of promoting Taichi Qigong art and the work of Qi Dragon Healing Center.