Qi Dragon® Qigong General Study Program
Qi Dragon® Qigong is a training program for studying the life science of Qigong and for carrying on Grandmaster Zhang’s authentic original teachings that covers many different aspects of Qigong such as the mind training, body training, breath training, a full range of Te Yi Medical Qigong training and a unique Internal Alchemy or Nei Dan training that are refined and simplified from many traditional Buddhist, Daoist, Martial, Medical Qigong essential practices. This is one of the most comprehensive Qigong training programs available.
Qi Dragon® Qigong offers different levels of Qigong training that fit students’ different levels of commitment, interest, health needs and career development. You may choose any of the three programs to start:
- Qi Dragon Qigong General Study Program: This program is open to the general public and includes the general study of various introductory but fundamental Qigong/Taichi exercise routines from the multiple lineages Qi Dragon teaches as well as some Chinese national standard Qigong sets. Each course is stand-alone and can be taken separately. There is usually no prerequisite.
- Qi Dragon Qigong Formal Study Program: This program entails the full formal instructional courses of Heavenly Essence Qigong system. It is the progressive and complete study of this particular system from its beginning level, intermediate levels to its most advanced level. Each course is the prerequisite for the following course.
- Qi Dragon Qigong Certificate Program: This two-year program is the intensive version of the Level 1&2 Formal Study Program. It is the most comprehensive and in-depth Qigong training we offer and you may directly start with this program after one weekend prerequisite course from the Formal Study Program. This program alone does not certify a student to teach. This program is the prerequisite training for Qi Dragon Certified Qigong Instructor Program and Certified Te Yi Medical Qigong Practitioner Program.
- Qi Dragon Certified Qigong Instructor Program: This program gives the specific training on how to teach and certifies one to teach our Level 1 Part I, Part II and Part III Formal Study Program.
- Qi Dragon Certified Te Yi Medical Qigong Practitioner Program: This program completes the advanced training of Te Yi Medical Qigong in the Heavenly Essence Qigong system. All our programs are subject to change without notice. Please follow our website for the most updated information.
Qi Dragon® Qigong General Study Program
Qi Dragon® Qigong General Study Program teaches the basics of Qigong and some common Qigong Taichi exercises to the general public without focuing on one specific Qigong lineage or systematic levels of study. Most of our Qigong Taichi General Study workshops offer CEUs (in Cateogry 1) to L.Ac.s and RNs and there is usually no prerequisite for this program. Please verify CEU info with each workshop description.
All classes or workshops organized and facilitated by institutions other than Qi Dragon itself are generally under our Qi Dragon Qigong General Study Program unless indicated otherwise. These workshops include a general study of basic Qigong theories, basic Qigong breathing training, some common traditional Qigong practices from different schools and the three main dynamic Qigong practices from Qi Dragon Qigong Formal Study Program.These workshops are intended for general study of Qigong for the general public’s health or life preservation practice. The general study teachings and practices are presented in different combinations and contexts in each unique individual teaching setting either as a weekly practice class, or a half-day, one-day or multiple day workshops/retreats. If you desire to have an in-depth, formal and comprehensive study of Qi Dragon™ Qi Cultivation System, you may directly start with our Qi Dragon™ Formal Study Program or start with Qi Dragon™ Qigong Certificate Program if you plan to take it as a prerequisite for our certified Qigong instructor or Te Yi Medical Qigong practitioner.
Qi Dragon Qigong General Study Program teachings:
Qigong/Taichi Warmup Routines
True Qi Circulation Method
Jiu Jie Gong (Medical Qigong for Neck and Shoulder)
Qin Quan Martial Qigong for Health
Introductory Workhop on Taiyi Swimming Dragon Taichi
Ba Duan Jin (Eight Brocade)
Wu Qin Xi (Five Animals Play)
Liu Zi Jue (Six Healing Sounds)
Yi Jin Jing (Changing the Tendon)
Three Main Dynamic Qigong
Nourishing Qi Method
Qi Dragon Qigong General Study Program may also include the following teachings on Qigong/Taichi/TCM basic theories:
A brief history of Qigong
Basic Qigong breathing methods
Qigong Golden Keys 1.2
Five Key Points in Qigong
Three Regulations in Qigong
Jing Qi Shen Theory Basics
Yin Yang Theory Basics
Five Element Theory
General Qigong Study Workshops/Events
Monday Night Qigong
Tuesday Night Taichi
Qigong One Day Workshop
Qigong Intensive Day or Weekend
Qigong Silent Day (for certificate alumni only)
Qin Quan Qigong for Health Workshops
12 Week Swimming Dragon Taichi Workshop Series
6 Week Swimming Dragon Taichi Workshop
Tassajara Annnual Qigong Retreat
Tassajara Annual Swimming Dragon Taichi Retreat
Qigong Courses at ACTCM
Qigong Courses at SFSU
1. August 1, 2015 One-day Qigong in L.A.
Heavenly Essence Qigong for Extraodinary Health at Yo San University, LA
2. August 30, 2015 Qigong for Health One-day Qigong retreat at Green Gulch Farm
Qigong and Taichi Exercises may have the risks of pain, injury or discomfort. As a participant, you are responsible for consulting your physician regarding your medical concerns and evaluation of your suitability before signing up for any of Qi Dragon’s classes and workshops. By participating in any of Qi Dragon’s classes and workshops, you have read this disclaimer and you consent to and authorize the use and reproduction of all photographs and audiovisual related to the workshops for the purpose of promoting Taichi Qigong art and the work of Qi Dragon Healing Center.